Ever wonder how the 10+ miles of trail on Candy and Badger stay in good shape? It’s thanks to volunteers completing work planned out by our trailmaster, Jim Langdon.
Every spring and fall, our trailmaster leads regular work parties on the peaks, completing trail maintenance and improvements. The work ranges from raking gravel back on to the trails, to removing weeds and general tread repair.
We’re always in need of new volunteers. If you’re interested, contact Jim by email at Trailmaster@friendsofbadger.org and let him know. Mention “add me to your trail work list” so you’ll always know when the next work party is coming up.
Currently ScheduledThere are no upcoming events at this time.
Work To Expect?
- Recovering gravel that has wandered off side of trail
- Clearing out weeds
- General trail repairs as necessary
Will I Need Tools?
- All tools are provided
- Most work is done with rakes and McLeods (combination rake/hoe)
What Will I Need To Bring?
- Your own face mask(s)
- Your own work gloves and snacks
- A pack to carry them (we’ll be up the trails)
- Clothing for the weather (check ahead!)
Signups are needed so we can have enough tools available and to let you know where we will be meeting. Please click the link to the work party you plan to attend and email the listed contact.
Please note there isn’t any work for preteens and younger.